Eat the Word
When Satan attacked Jesus in the wilderness, he relied on the weakness of Jesus’ flesh to make Him fall. Jesus had been fasting forty days and forty nights so satan just waited and attacked Jesus after He got hungry. But Jesus didn’t rely on natural food but the power of spiritual food to strengthen Himself. He relied on the power that came from the word of God to keep Him from falling. When Jesus became weak He quoted the Scriptures. That a man should live by every word that comes out of the mouth of God
Mat 4:4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.
The reason the Bible has outsold every other book is because not only is it God’s Word but in the book there are answers to every issue. The solution to every problem you face is contained in the Book. The Book tells us how to be blessed, why we lose blessings, and what God expects from us. That’s why the Psalmist said, “Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee” (Ps 119:11). David the man after God’s own heart expresses in Psa 18:30 that God’s Word has been tried and He is a buckler to all those that trust in him.
The key to get wise is you must study the Book.
· It takes approximately fifty-six hours to read the Bible from cover to cover
· That’s two and one quarter days….. OK you don’t want to do it that way
· If you read forty chapters a day you would complete the Bible within a month.
· If you read nine chapters of the New Testament each day you would complete the Bible within thirty days.
· There are thirty-one days in most months.
· The book of Proverbs which is known as the book of wisdom has thirty-one chapters.
· Just think about how wise you would be if you read a chapter of this wisdom book every day.
· But the best way to read the Bible is just to read it, regularly, and expectantly so that the Word of God can build your faith.
This is what all believers should know about the WORD:
To be strong in faith you must believe the Word of God.
To be successful in life you must practice the Word of God.
By Dr. Olivia T. Hines